Courses Included in this Learning Path
Click to expand any course title below to see an overview of the course’s topics, objectives, and average completion time.
The Siteimprove Intelligence Platform is a powerful tool and can be leveraged to help your organization realize SEO benefits. Learn about how to start an SEO strategy and how to use Siteimprove’s SEO tool to get prepared with Activity Plans.
- Learn what SEO is and why it’s important
- Identify the basic components of an SEO strategy
- Understand the primary functions of Siteimprove SEO
Learn how keyword research and monitoring shows how well your site ranks for the keywords, how the position of your site changes over time, and how much competition there is for each keyword.
- Understand the value of building a keyword list
- Successfully monitor keywords
- Revisit your SEO strategy after keyword identification
Part of a successful SEO strategy is to write content that helps your website to rank for relevant searches. This course teaches you how to indicate what pages you want to rank for a keywords with engaging, inviting, and simple content.
- Optimize keyword mapping
- Write with intent
- Understand how best to use Target Pages
Competitor Analysis helps analyze your online presence against key competitors and the competitive landscape for your monitored keywords to get inspiration for new keywords to start monitoring. This course teaches you how to refine your Activity Plans with competitors in mind.
- How to use Siteimprove for competitor analysis
- Use top-ranking pages by keywords and domain in your SEO strategy
- Learn how to add, remove, edit, and delete competitors from activity plans
Backlinks from referring websites can be valuable or harmful to your rankings, depending on the source. This course will teach you how to make sure backlinks lead to the most appropriate pages of your site, as well as how to use Target Page Metrics to show information specific to an activity plan and Search Engine Analytics to show how your website is performing with different search engines and in different timeframes.
- Understand why good backlinks are important
- Understand how undesirable backlinks can affect SEO
- Learn how to use Search Engine Analytics and Target Page Metrics
Both SEO and Accessibility—at their core—focus on providing what your users want with unique, concise, and descriptive content.
The sales pitch: “Do you want to reduce duplicate efforts? Increase remediation ROI? Easily prioritize valuable time? Then this course is for you!”
- Understand how SEO and accessibility compare
- Discover how content SEO and accessibility can work together
- Understand pitfalls associated with accessibility overlays and auto-generated alt attributes
- Appreciate the importance of semantic HTML and appropriate WAI-ARIA
Course Sections and Topics:
- Search Engines and Accessibility
- Content SEO and Accessibility
- Web Development and Accessibility